The Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) at Faculty of Business is a challenging program that is aimed at equipping young minds with the skills, knowledge, and edge to excel in today’s dynamic business world. The students will explore different aspects of management through in depth learning and then applying the theoretical knowledge to solve real life scenarios and case studies. This program is challenging and will require students to work rigorously throughout their stay at business school. It will provide students an opportunity to professionally groom themselves to be ready to face the challenges of the ever-changing world. The program intends to prepare its graduates to enable them with necessary decision-making skills.
Our business program is different than other business schools. We believe in quality and aim to produce the best. Our faculty goes beyond teaching how to operate a business. We prepare future leaders through a balanced combination of traditional business practices, technology, practical application and innovation. While students have access to current business tools and software, even greater emphasis is placed on thinking critically and analytically.
- To develop the students' intellectual capacity, executive personality, and managerial skills
- To enable students for entry-level managerial positions in a variety of sectors such as; public sector organizations, consultancy companies, corporate sector, and service industry.
- To develop business and entrepreneurial aptitude among the students.
- To provide knowledge and requisite skills in different areas of management like human resource, finance, operations and marketing to give a holistic understanding of a
- To equip the students with knowledge related to qualitative and quantitative techniques for critical thinking and problem solving.
- To develop IT skills in the areas of information search, word processing, office
management software tools, and presentation software needed to excel in business.
- To provide practical industrial exposure to the students to hone their managerial
competencies and business acumen while attaining a holistic understanding of a
- To prepare students to deliver effective oral business presentations using a variety of
appropriate technologies and achieve excellence in written communications.
- To inculcate global view of the industrial and organizational establishments and their functions for taking viable decisions in international business setting.
The BSBA program is of a 4-year duration, spread over 8 regular semesters, and consists of 129 subject credit hours of studies. After completing the course work, every student is required to submit a Research Project carrying a weight equal to 3 credit hours. As an alternative, students may take internship for a duration of 9-weeks in an approved organization by the Dean’s office to complete the degree requirements. The normal duration for completion of BSBA Degree is 8 semesters over a period of 4 years. The maximum duration for obtaining BSBA degree shall be 7 years.
Areas of Specialization:
In the BSBA program, students can choose from five areas of specialization i.e., Finance, Marketing, Human Resource Management, Entrepreneurship & Innovation, and Supply Chain Management. The program coordinator office can offer courses from the variety of electives in an area of specialization depending upon the availability of faculty and changing market trends. The list of elective courses given at the end is not exhaustive and new courses can be added once approved from the Academic Council of the business school.
Technology and Entrepreneurship :
During the last couple of decades, entrepreneurial culture has gained tremendous importance and has been seen as the remedy for generating employment and economic prosperity in both developing and developed countries. Entrepreneurs create new products, new markets and new technologies thus benefiting the economy and society in which they operate. As an emerging Business School, we aim to inculcate entrepreneurial spirit among our students through inculcating courses, projects, and real time projects in our curriculum. The Entrepreneurship and innovation specialization would inspire potential students to think and behave like entrepreneurs, by being innovative and creative in their thoughts and actions.
Technology is the essence of our curriculum. The students are encouraged to use latest tools and techniques in each course through usage of latest software applications. The faculty ensures this through challenging and creative assignments, projects, case studies, and research activities. The objective is to equip our graduates with modern tools and technology to facilitate efficient decision making in the careers they pursue.